Saturday, June 9, 2012

blog 15 reflection

Throughout my English class I believe that i have learned to become a better writer, my thinking has changed in my writing. This class helped me to open up my mind more and express myself in a different way in writing essays. during my time in this English class I completed  many blog entries which included many discussions that we had in class. These blog entries included our feelings on  topics,our interpretations on  different poetry's, novels and even plays that dealt with drama. completing these blog entries forced me to open my mind more and really think about what exactly i wanted to say. Writing blog entries was a difficult task to be at first because it is hard for me to gather my thoughts and write it down on paper but after writing the second blog i knew what was expected of me. i think that my blog entries  varied with sophistication and length depending on the topic because with certain topics i had a lot of things to say towards it. the topics caught my attention and i had much to say about it. on the other topics i did not have much interest to write about it or even discuss it. my blog entries all had a main point to them i stayed on topic and expressed myself in a different way.I used many examples from the different readings that was talked about in class and interpreted it in my own words. most of my blogs are clear and easy to read. when my blogs are written my thoughts are clear, i do not repeat my thoughts i express myself to by best ability, and i also make sure i stay on topic.As a writer my writing stimulates class dialogue when anything is discussed i put it my dialogue and try to extend the discussion and put my own thoughts and experiences in my blogs. although some of my thoughts are mushed together but i make an effort to make it smaller and make my thoughts better. My writing style exemplifies my personality and the type of language that i use in my writing. my vocabulary is not very excessive but my thoughts are very clear and easy to understand. when i organize mt thoughts i organize it in the right way i come on strong when i express myself.
My online experience this semester was much expect. i expected to use the computer often to do my essays. writing online was different from my other writing experiences because with this class it required more technology, thinking, and more discussions as appose to my other English class we did not use much technology and everything was written down. writing my blog entries  helped me to improve my writing skills because now my writing is more organized and my thoughts come together and they make sense. these blog entries helped me to become abetter writer and a better thinker it helped me to open my mind up to more things and correspond ideas with someone else. i did read my other classmates work and some of their ideas are close to mine. most of my classmates blogs are very deep in thought i can tell that they took their time to write it. i never got the impression that anyone read my blogs because my classmates did not want to read anyone else blogs and a lot of people discussed a lot of things on their blogs.
I have learned a lot in the class but the one thing that i would take away from this class is that i have become a better writer since taking this class i am not perfect yet but i am improving my writing skills. the most memorable assignment was having different discussions on slavery i took interest in that because we talked about slavery constantly and me realize the things that African Americans went through and how they suffered. this was a very serious conversation that took me back to a book that i read when i was little. this novel  talked about slavery and  how the whites treated the blacks which dealt with whippings, hanging and separation from families. I was very upset about this and i never picked up the book again.From this discussion about slavery in class made me realize how times have changed and how lucky i am to live a free life and get an education and become a successful black women.
If a student plans on taking English 102 class next semester i would recommend you to come to class with an open mind, be ready to write essays be ready to have an pen discussion about different topics and do not be shy about anything because your classmates might think the the same way as you do. this class is not hard you just have to stay focused and ask questions if you need some type of clarification on a topic and be aware of how you write as well. good luck

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the insightful reflection! I am sorry if Kindred upset you. It was meant for us to have a hard look at some of the situations that have made this country what it is and to learn new respect for those that suffered and sacrificed for the betterment of others.

    ReplyDelete